Thursday, February 12, 2009

heartbreak


after a few long talks with my new foster daughter, my heart hurts for her. It's hard to believe that so many things have happened to one young woman. neglected by her mother, one of 15 children, she is then adopted by her foster parents along with her sister. then she spends the next several year enduring constant abuse..cruel cruel psychological torment... yet she pulled through ..wants so badly and trys so hard just to be a good mama. she told me while looking at her baby that finally she had someone who was hers. she just wanted to be loved.
we went out today and shopped for nursing-friendly clothes and nursing bras, i am so thrilled she is nursing, really. she is very proud of herself too. she said her mother never nursed any of them and she wanted to be a better mom than her.

4 comments:

TravelingITGran said...

Who better to help this young mother? You are kind, loving, patient, and a terrific mother. She was brought into your life for a reason.

Jaguar Mama said...

I'm so happy she is living with you now.

Birthblessed said...

I'm so so glad I could babysit everyone else so that you could go out with her alone. I bet she really needed that. Hope she knows that now she has you, but also we're here any time too.

Liz said...

yes if you hadn't watched my kids there is no way we would have made it through 3 hours in a store...lol thank you Amy!!!