Wednesday, February 25, 2009

grrrrr

i really don't know how well this placement will work out- she (teen) would rather be somewhere where she just has a bed. ie some place that dosn't give a rat's butt about her- she has alot of support from her sis and godmom, they just arn't willing to keep her all the time. frankly i find it hard enough sharing custody of a child with another parent with my stepson, but this is 10xs harder. i really wanted to mentor her, but she is never here and the baby is gone like 12 hours and day (then gone fri-sun with her) so whatever job CPS wanted me to play as protective of her is nill and void. i have not even held the baby since friday. the mom flys off the handle if i say anything at all about any expectations i have of her. the caseworker is no help. i am frustrated and feeling pretty useless- i could deal with the frustrated, but i am no good at useless! i really dont see what she/cps needs me for, besides a bed- and i don't remember opening a hotel!
grrrr

4 comments:

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

I still have hopes it will work for you,but please know sometimes it just doesn't.We have faced that in the past,and the guilt and frustration is hard.But she might be better off in another home.And then your open for a better match.Sorry,I know its not an easy thing at all.

Liz said...

thank you! i needed to hear that. i really think she needs something different, and i will be discussing this with my CW tomorrow

D said...

You got it girl. That's all they (cps) wants for her situation...a bed. They aren't really concerned with how you handle it, as long as they don't have to deal with her. One HUGE reason I wouldn't consider this kind of situation. She's all grown up with no real place to go.

mary grace said...

I'm praying for your next steps. Sometimes, it's so hard and scary to have someone in your life who suddenly CARES. Trust me. I've been there. :-)