Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Angels all around

yesterday i got news i have been waiting for since Aquila's birth- i now know she was 8 pounds even, 20 inches long and had blue eyes!
i also received a precious gift- a nurse at Dell children's ER name Elsa held my baby girl after they called her time of death. she swaddled her, put a knit cap on her head and held her in her arms for an hour and a half until the medical examiner picked her up.
See, i was transported to another hospital because of my hemmoraging . so, i was not with my baby to hold her. i could not go to her, and they (medical examiner) would not let her body come to me. it was a living nightmare. all i wanted was to hold her and see her, to memorize her face. the fact that at least someone held her gives me so much comfort.i was able to talk to and thank the nurse. she said she knew how much i must have wanted to hold her, and she just couldn't let her lay there alone. she said she had prayed for our family since then.

Mathew 25
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’

37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,[f] you were doing it to me!’

3 comments:

cathicog said...

What a beautiful family you have. I am so sorry for your loss. That's heartbreaking, and she was a beautiful baby. Prayers for your comfort from here, Jesus is the comforter...I know you know that. Hugs....Cathi Cogle, TN

Inanna said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get to hold her... some comfort to know that someone did. I wish I had held William longer. Somehow, whether we don't hold them at all or we hold them for days, it's never never enough.

CLC said...

This breaks my heart. Thank god for that nurse who held your precious girl. It reminds me of my nurse who held my little girl. I am so sorry you are here, in this club.