Sunday, December 27, 2009

Aquila pictures




TRADING MY SORROWS
SONIC FLOOD



I'm Trading my Sorrows
I'm Trading my shame
I'm layin them down, for the joy of the Lord
I'm Trading my sickness
I'm Trading my pain
I'm layin them down, for the joy of the Lord

We say, yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord
We say, yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord
We say, yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord, Amen.

Though we're pressed, but not crushed
Persecuted, not abanded
Struck down, but not destroyed
I am blessed beyond the cursed, for his promise will endure
That His joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrows may last for the night
His joy comes in the morning

I'm Trading my Sorrows
I'm Trading my shame
I'm layin them down, for the joy of the Lord
I'm Trading my sickness
I'm Trading my pain
I'm layin them down, for the joy of the Lord

6 comments:

Donalacasa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been there so I can relate. I saw a link to your blog with the lyrics "Trading My Sorrows." My daughter's dance team performed that in front of her casket at her funeral. I haven't been able to listen to that song in the 7 years since her death. Our family was able to go through our grief process at a place called For the Love of Christi in central Austin. http://fortheloveofchristi.com/

On the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, the whole family can attend. They were wonderful in helping my children learn to express their grief.

Another wonderful organization is The Compassionate Friends. They are a grief support group specifically for parents who have lost a child. http://www.compassionatefriends.org/home.aspx

I pray the Lord brings your family peace.

Melissa said...

She is just beautiful, Liz. You have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly over the past week. Your faith in the face of such loss is inspiring.

By the way, I've also heard great things about www.fortheloveofchristi.com. All their services are free, and they offer help to siblings as well.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful baby, Liz. I wish I would have had the gift of knowing her this side of heaven, but I praise God for his mercy and provision... that I WILL meet her one day! If I get there before you do, I'll give her a big hug for you!

Elizabeth said...

I am a reader of your blog but we haven't met. I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Your little baby girl looks so peaceful and gorgeous in your arms.
May you find strength and care from those around you.
Ex

Christie said...

Liz, I'm another babylost mama from the MDC board. Aquila was just amazingly beautiful. I'm so heartbroken for you. I know the raw pain so well. My Matthew has been gone for over 7 months now. I promise you, the pain will ease. This is a rough road but you are not alone.

Inanna said...

She is just a gorgeous girl. Heartbreakingly beautiful. I know the feeling, being so proud of making something so perfect and so aghast and horrified that it was taken from you and the world in an instant. There's little comfort, even in faith sometimes, when you lose a child. But I will sit with you, in your pain, and share it. I know it well. Much love to you and yours.