Thursday, November 18, 2010

Putting the Christ back in Christmas


This year my children will not be overloaded with plastic toys made by children in China.
This year our family is giving the money we would have spent on piles of soon-to-break-junk to a family who is bring home this sweet baby girl.
Because all she wants is a mommy and daddy for Christmas.
Because, if she is not adopted she will never own a single toy.
Because, if not adopted she will be transferred to a mental institution at the tender age of 4.

So my sweet children looked through all the sweet faces on the Reece's Rainbow "sponsor a family" page and settled on this sweet girl.
We are helping her get a family for Christmas.

Here is her family's blog. They have a link to where you can donate to the adoption.
or take a look at the Reece's Rainbow Angel Tree where you can donate money to orphan's funds that will 100% go to their adoptions . These donations make it possible for families to commit to these children. AND, for every 35$ you donate you get an ornament with the child's sweet picture on it! we have ornaments from several children from the last two years. They are a favorite of my kiddos.

3 comments:

These kids' mama said...

I spent the morning since reading you post pouring through the pictures and crying over these children.....and wondering about finances....

Katie said...

What a wonderful idea, Liz. I think we'll donate some money as a family and I'll pass the link along!

Anonymous said...

Hello Liz,
I left a comment on my blog under your comment. So, please read it if you haven't because I will never say it the same way.:) Thank you so much. We are honored. Thank you will never be enough. We will never forget your loving gesture.
Love in Christ,
Larissa
PS Thank you for encouraging me...I was having a day:)
I got new pictures of Piper. I will post them (gotta ask permission) if not I will get your email address so that you can see them! Oh is she ever cute.