Thursday, September 1, 2011

the move






We sold 3/4 of all our possessions. We packed everything we owned into one large POD and one small cargo trailer. Then, we loaded up 6 kids and 6 pets and said goodbye to the house where Aquila died. I honestly can't say i will miss it one bit. I will however, miss several good friends in Austin.
On Monday night we filled up a local BBQ place with our friends. It was bitter sweet- seeing them, and also knowing i would not see them again in one place like that.
Goodbye Austin. Farewell to the stain of Faith Beltz and Centrevida that cling to the city like skunk spray. Farewell to 110 degree days.


I am on to greener, cooler pastures, and new adventures. I am working on a series of projects that i will reveal as they become more presentable.

of course, it's like the old phrase- where ever you go, there you are--- except for us it is ' where ever we go, there she is not '
i miss her so much


11 comments:

Anne said...

Please keep in touch. I feel as if I really know you. I do in some ways. I lived in the PNW for 10 yrs. and we still return every yr. at least once. You will love it. In some ways - the people are more authentic.

Anne said...

I totally agree - with the skunk spray comment. I do not know how this woman lives with herself everyday - esp.to continue in the same line of work ???????????????

Marisol said...

We will miss you dearly. You all will forever be in my heart, and Aquila has left a lasting impression on my life, which will trickle down to the lives of my little ones. I have not been where you are, but I think I know exactly what you are saying about needing to get away from here. I pray that God guides your steps and your hearts to the perfect place He has for you. And, I am a little (a lot actually) jealous of the cooler temperatures you have to look forward to. Love to you all!

Jeanette said...

Liz, I hope you will find happiness. x

Jen Holloman said...

We Love you Liz, you take good care and have a safe drive to OK, and give the finger to Faith Belz and her inadequately trained ways as you drive away from the sorrow she created. God makes all things new and doesn't mind if you give someone the finger who rightly deserves it.

kcrack said...

We'll miss you guys. Chloe keeps asking for her "Ruby" to eat dinner with her again. We're praying for you guys and hope to keep in touch. If I'm ever pregnant in a Texas summer again, I may have to come live with you for a few months :)

stace-c said...

I wish you joy as you travel on your road to cooler, happier places.

Fireflyforever said...

I wish you a safe journey and happiness in your new home.

Anne said...

Aquila has had a lasting impression on my life - as well.

ccc said...

Good luck with your move. God's blessings on you and your family!

Sarah said...

Best of luck, Liz. Look forward to hearing how you're settling in. S