Friday, February 22, 2008

cheak thief !!!

last year, someone stole my wallet from my van, parked right in front of my house. i canceled my cards, got a new drivers licsense, stopped payment on my checks and had an officer come dust for prints, now fast forward 6 months.. did you know stop payments are only valid for 6 months? apparently thieves do..sigh
so today i go look at my account to see a check written for 500$, written by who knows who to come other person "for rent".
i think steam came out of my ears!
i had to use my precious babysitter time today to fill out fraud paperwork at my bank.
now i have to re-stop my checks every six months FOREVER, or until the cops find my checks....
sigh-
lesson learned:
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR WALLET (ACCIDENTALLY EVEN) IN YOUR CAR>>>EVER !!!!
lesson learned

No comments: