Friday, October 17, 2008

pioneer farms

we have started volunteering here on fridays. what a blessing it has been! we all get to dress up in pioneer clothes and cook food over an open fire pit, and tell bunches of school groups all about life "in the olden days" as kiryn says! we are going to start reading the "little house on the prairie series to compliment this real life experience.

sleeping babies on a cornhusk bed

kiryn tending the fire

Lunch!

lucca plays marbles

my pioneer "housemate" and her son

3 comments:

Manna said...

nice topic, nice picture and nice blog,,
actually when i saw the pictures i felt i wanna come to live there,,
so nie place.. my allah bless you
(F)
plz visit my blog ;)

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

What a beautiful place,I want to live their to.

mary grace said...

What fun--and what a wonderful learning experience! I would love to do something like that. You'll have to tell us more about it!