Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5 months


she's been gone for 5 months. no one said anything. it is sad to know not one person except for me (including Gabe) counts off the months. it is so very lonely, i can't even begin to put words to it. This is so lonely. i have never in my life felt so out of place and alone.

i spent my morning ordering her permanent grave marker and fixing up her grave site. Today i was sad going. i felt so pathetic to be crying on the ground in front of a tiny white marker. All these tears and and all she is to the world is this little plot.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Thinking of you so much. I'm sorry nobody remembers. I think I can count 1 person IRL that actually remembers. I'm sorry you feel so alone. You are not (at least here). :) (((HUGS)))

Michelle said...

Liz, I know just what you mean, it is SO lonely. My daughter has been gone for 8 months now and it only took about 3 months before my family stopped talking about her or asking me how I am coping. I just went to Audrey's grave Mon. and had similar thoughts, the grass has now filled in her once dirt covered grave, and I am clearly the only one bringing various items to fill it. It doesn't help that I'm pregnant and it's as if everyone thinks that I am miraculously healed of grief with a new baby on the way. Our grief really does belong to just us moms. I'm so sorry you have to go through this too. xxx

Katie said...

I'm sorry Liz. Even my husband doesn't note the day when another month ticks by. I know it's not because he doesn't care, but it is lonely. *hug*

Jeanette said...

I'm sorry Liz that no one remembers. I'm coming up to 10 months on Saturday, it's a long time.
Aquila's little plot is very pretty.x

Rachel said...

There are a handful of mama's with dates right around Lyra's...so I always juggle them through my mind on that day each month. You and Aquila are never far my my thoughts.

Rightthinker said...

I'm so sorry for your grief, and the piled on grief of others forgetting her death.

I'm so sorry you have to visit her grave.

Still praying for you-always.