Tuesday, January 18, 2011

my rainbow








To say Willow spends a large amount of time in arms would be putting it mildly. There are always willing arms for her. Willow sleeps snuggled in the crook of my arms- because i cannot sleep with her anywhere else. Having lost a baby, and knowing full well the pain in empty arms, i enjoy every delicious moment, as i know they will not last...


"Song for a 5th Child" by Ruth Hamilton.

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth, Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

Thanks Liz for that timely reminder, it's all too easy to get caught up in the day to day, but nothing beats that feeling of a baby in your arms.
Willow is beautiful. x

ccc said...

There's nothing better than sleeping with a baby in the crook of your arms or snuggled up on your chest! She is such a beautiful baby.

Rightthinker said...

So beautiful!

Katie said...

So beautiful, all of you!

I love that poem, I need to remind myself of it more often.

LoveNeverFails said...

My twin survivor is 8 months old now, and still spends almost all of her naps securely in my arms. Willow is beautiful, Liz. *hugs*

Sasha said...

I absolutely love the fourth picture down of Willow smiling so big. : )
What a pretty, pretty baby.