Saturday, May 17, 2008

why i can't stand motheringdotcommune anymore

i posted today this
threads that are removed:
why do all the threads removed say "removed for review", but they never return? i miss all the good threads!

i got my thread IMMEADEADIATLY.
then i recieved a pm:
"
Thread removed from tao

Hi there,

I wanted to let you know that I removed your thread in tao
Quote:
when a thread is removed?
because it was a UAV.

Quote:
Do not post to debate or challenge the MDC User Agreement, the moderators, administrators, or their actions. Constructive criticism and questions for purposes of clarification are best addressed directly to the moderator or administrator by private message or personal e-mail.
Now to answer your question. When I or another mod remove a thread for review, that's exactly what we do. If we find that the whole thread is a UAV from the very start or so much of it is a UAV that it can't be fixed, we will not return it. I do try to leave a note about it if the thread is gone for good, but hey, I admit it, I'm a volunteer with 3 little kids running around. Sometimes I forget and I'm sure it's the same for the other mods. We do try to clean up any threads that are salvagable. For some threads, that can mean a couple of edit for others it can lead to hours of edits and discusions broken up by being moms IRL. So it may even take a few days before a thread that has really run off course to get back. If you have a question about where a thread it, feel free to pm the moderator of that forum to clarify.

Hope that answered your question."


yeah uhhuh..
so i responded:
"
Re: Thread removed from tao

"Do not post to debate or challenge the MDC User Agreement, the moderators, administrators, or their actions."
hmm, nice democratic group we have here now. i miss MDC from long ago.
and i wasnt challenging anything. i really wanted to know. i personally have never seen any of the removed threads returned, or seen them saying they were removed forever.
sheesh. this place has turned into RULESRUS.

"

she then responded saying i was being adversarial...
ARRGGGHHH
the place seriously has turned into a facisit pit.. it used to be the BEST plac eonline to hang out if you were "crunchy" now you get blocked, banned , or restricted if you so much as sneeze in the wrong direction..

seriously, i am so DONE there.
bunch of bull...
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ~~~mad Liz

1 comment:

deHaas said...

Hi there,

I'm from MDC. I know what you mean. I miss a poster from the single parenting forum. She was banned too. I don't get it. What she posted was always so intelligent and respectful to. Opinionated is no-go.

I hope you find somewhere else.

Take care!