Friday, May 30, 2008

my current situation and GOD's work

so i have not written anything about the most pressing(?) matter weighing on my heart this week. i have hesitated and hesitated because i was worried about the person involved reading this and being embarrassed about being talked about...however i think GOD needs to be glorified by this situation.
I have after 20+ years found my father. i found him. found out i have three half siblings (17 G, 15B, 10G) and they live 1.2 miles from my house. and my father is kind and a believer. there was no awkwardness. i felt we clicked over the phone.
However...his wife wants nothing to do with me. wants me nowhere near her, her kids or her husband. i will not even be able to meet him. it is crushing. but what lifts my heart is i KNOW GOD has a plan for this .. a plan for good, for miracles. I can't wait to see what will happen. i spent days worrying, and fretting, till i let go, decided to replace every worry with prayer.and it really was liberating.i tell the story now, so that when the miracle happens, everyone will no it was GOD and nothing short of him.

7 comments:

birthblessed said...

Liz I'm glad we can share prayer over this situation. We are the family of the father who was pushed out by the custodial mother. We found our niece, and she's been happy to make contact with us. And she's been enthusiastic about spending the summer visiting with her long-lost grandparents and her long-lost father. And HER mother is cutting in-- has said Lexi can't come visit for any more than 2 weeks, and really is trying to interfere with that. It's so sad when people are selfish, but God. God is bigger. They are just sad, hurting, sinful people who need Jesus. Just like we were. I'll pray for your family, you pray for mine, and we'll all watch God work!

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for sharing Liz, I had no idea this was a part of your story. How wonderful that he is a believer, and that you can have knowledge of him. And I will pray and anticipate when God will be glorified by His acts.

Liz said...

thank you ladies.

TravelingITGran said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
D said...

Liz,
this is NONE of my business...but what could a child (you)have done 20 yrs ago to jusify this woman not wanting you to know your father?
Thank God he is a believer,
I will pray the Holy Spirit will move in his & his wife's heart.
Blessings my friend.

Liz said...

thank you d-

Lara said...

This is, indeed, a tough situation, but I hope that your stepmother will change her mind. She should think about how she would feel if it were HER children in this situation, instead of you. Not to knock your Dad, but if he could allow this kind of estrangement to happen once (with you), then she should realize that he could allow it again (with her kids) and how would she feel about some other woman denying her children the right to see their father? Just a thought. Good luck to you.