Friday, November 16, 2007

a little on adoptUSkids.org


oh she is precious! I could see her being our daughter. i asked my case worker to find out more about her-
here is her bio:

About Keturah


English Public Narrative

Keturah has brown hair and brown eyes. She has been diagnosed with Proximal Femoral Deficiency. She does not have femur bones on either leg and therefore has no thighs. Her knees are just below her hip bones. She has extremely short calves, ankles, and feet. She has a lazy eye and recently had surgery to correct this condition. She requires the use of glasses . She is approximately 27" tall and weighs 24 lbs. She is a sweet and loving child. She likes receiving lots of attention and enjoys helping around house. She likes books and age appropriate toys. She takes good care of her possessions. She has a good appetite and she enjoys a variety of foods. She does require some assistance in completing personal hygiene tasks. She is too young to have formed her values and traditions. She is developmentally appropriate and is in good physical health. She is a well behaved who enjoys being around other children.




i belong on a adopting with limb differences group and i asked about her diagnosis. i was told she should be able to do most anything, she will just always be little

2 comments:

Robin said...

I found your blog from momys, and I was reading some past posts. I noticed your sw said you could not nurse your baby in front of a foster child. I was told the same thing. I got around it by buying nursing shirts, the kind with a double layer. They cover a lot, and you can be very discrete. I bought most of my shirts on ebay, and built my wardrobe little by little, to make it affordable. Now that it's getting colder, a nursing cami under a sweater is great. You can also take an old tank top and cut some slits in it and wear it under shirts or sweaters.
I have nursed wearing a nursing shirt, and *not* using a blanket or cover, in front of our private agency caseworker, CPS workers, and therapists, and no one has said a word!

Liz said...

thank you Robin. i have some nursing clothes. i will try wearing only these around case workers. i am very discrete already. I really don't know where they got the impression i would be flaunting it! LOL
thanks so much :)
liz