Sunday, January 23, 2011

a follow up piece?





i have started sculpting again. though the quality of my work is hindered by the short bursts in which i can work--Willow likes to nurse...a lot!
this piece is a follow up from my first sculpture after Aquila's death
Empty
in this piece i had wanted to have her stomach shown sewed up in a jagged scar, but the baby and her leaning around her hid the stomach. kind of interesting, as it seems like i often hold willow over my pain, like some kind of ointment.....

4 comments:

KnottedFingers said...

It's beautiful!! Very powerful and touching and sad <3

asplendidtime said...

Very beautiful. I left you a pm at MOMYS, and just wanted to say, I was so touched by your story. And I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby girl, Aquila.

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

The Non-Monogamist said...

That is beautiful!

Tatiana said...

This is beautiful work.

I must say I am captivated by your story and ache with sadness for you and your family.

It will impact my path to have taken in your story and allowed it to curl through my psyche, changing my perspective and putting my perceptions about safety in disarray so that they can be re-stacked in an ordering that reflects more of what is possible, and what happens.