Friday, December 23, 2011

Sad birthday--posted late due to lack of internet

Happy (sad) birthday my little love, Aquila. Mommy misses you with a deep and aching pain. i try to imagine your impish little 2 year old self bouncing through this small farmhouse house that smells of woodsmoke.... but even my imagination is fleeting. i wonder what you would think of the green moss covering the trees...if you would enjoying making dough ornaments with your sisters... if you would be chasing after the kitties... i wonder so many more things about you than i know. i knew you for such a short time- and yet here i will pine for you the rest of my life. how unfair it all is Aquila....
i am posting this today, on the two year anniversary of the day i laid you in the ground.

12 comments:

Birthblessed said...

Well, one thing I do know is she would have loved Namey.

Jeanette said...

Love to you Liz, always remembering Aquila. I wish she was there chasing the kitties. x

terri c said...

Remembering Aquila also, and wishing you and your family times of comfort in this hard season.

Fireflyforever said...

Love to you and to precious Aquila.I can't believe it's her second birthday - I wish she were here to celebrate it with you all and I'm sorry that she is not.

ccc said...

Sending many {{hugs}} to you this time of year.

Kathryn said...

Sending hugs and love to your family. I think of you and Aquila often, especially this time of year. Wishing you comfort.

mary grace said...

Hugs, friend.

moto_librarian said...

Love to you and your entire family, Liz. My heart aches for you.

stace-c said...

I have been thinking of you and of Aquila, and am sending you peaceful thoughts as you remember your angel.

daalny said...

I hope the new year brings you good fortune.

asplendidtime said...

Been thinking of you too and Aquila.
When I found you last year, and read about her, it was such a painful experience, she was so precious and this such a sad and terrible loss. I so wish she was chasing the kitties too.

Love, hugs and prayers,
Rebecca in Alberta
~Mom to ten

Mrs. W. said...

Sad birthday indeed...((hugs))