Friday, July 9, 2010

Please Hear Me Someone.,....

i have posted about this before..but never get much response, which saddens me. this is something near and dear to my heart.
Children with special needs born in countries such as Russia, Seria, and Ukraine... These children are born into a society with NO support services (ECI, medical care, therapy)There parents are encouraged to put them into orphanages at birth. They spend the next 3-5 years there- which if you know anything about international adoption from these countries, you would know is nothing short of a sad sad childhood. After 3- they age out of these "baby houses" and are moved to mental institutions where the spend the rest of their lives.. If they survive, there lives are nothing but neglect. please watch this video, but keep kleenex handy..


It is that bad people.

so maybe you are reading this thinking that " that is sad and all, but we can't/don't want to adopt for XYZ reason...."
fine i get that..adoption is not for everyone. adopting a child with special needs is not for everyone. But if you call yourself a Christian you are called to provide for and protect widows and orphans in their distress
these orphans are in distress, no doubt. and there are people trying to adopt them, give them new lives in FAMILIES who LOVE them! PLEASE PLEASE go here
to sponsor a committed family
or here
to sponsor a specific child

Reece's Rainbow is an adoption ministry (not an agency) that help these children get into homes... 100% of your donation is tax deductible and goes entirely to the child's adoption costs.

and please respond to this post- i want to know if anyone cares that i am posting this....

here is the family i am sponsoring right now, and i have sponsored several children in the last two years. i put my money where my mouth is..do you?

11 comments:

stace-c said...

Liz, I can't bring myself to watch the video but thank you so much for bringing this to light. I will definitely check out Reece's Rainbow.

kcrack said...

I read this and appreciate your heart for these sweet babies. I'm sending it on to a few others to read too. I am praying about if this is a place we should start giving to. Thanks for bringing attention to this. love ya.

Julia Fortier said...

Oh goodness. What a heartbreaking, but worthwhile cause.

Fireflyforever said...

We sponsor a little girl in Armenia - it's something we do to honour Emma.

KMcNally said...

I am Karen's sister in-law and I met you on the 4th of July. I balled my eyes out when I watched the video. It has been on my heart since I have talked to you. We are definitely going to pray if this is what God has for us in the future as far as adoption goes. Thanks for sharing!

Annie said...

There are so many people who want children so badly. The tragedy is that these countries and our own make it such a long and difficult process to adopt. By the time an adoption can actually go through, these children can be irreparably damaged physically and psychologically. I for one can't even entertain the idea of taking that on.

My sister if friends with a couple who are both dwarfs. They have been in the process of adopting a child in India who is also a dwarf. You wouldn't believe the roadblocks, delays, and expense. This child could have been in a loving home getting excellent care all this time.

When I lived in China I wasn't even allowed to go visit the kids at the orphanages. China fears 'losing face' in the eyes of foreigners like me if we saw the tragic circumstances of these kids. Countries are putting their national pride and/or greed ahead of these kids, and that is tragic for these kids and for the people who would gladly adopt them.

Liz said...

annie-
i agree that it is deplorable that the countries make it so hard to adopt-when they obviously cannot take care of the children. i however do NOT agree about irreparable damage. i foster teens for goodness sake, who have often been through hell and back- and i see the difference the Love of god and the care of a parent can do for them.
These children who are adopted through reece's rainbow are (typically) 5 and under- they are getting them out before they go to these terrible mental institutions- it is a rescue mission, literally saving one life at a time.

i for one KNOW that not everyone is called to , or cut out to adopt- but we can all our part to support the people who are ;)

sorry if i sound like i am on a soap box

Sahmmie said...

I didn't realize there was a way to help these poor children if you yourself cannot adopt. Thanks for posting this. God bless and help these dear children.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Thank you for posting. I found it through Woman Uncensored. I'm up here in Fort Worth and we just got our first placement 5 months ago for foster care. I have so much more respect for those who are called to adopt those with special needs. We have 2 bio children and 2 foster - they are brothers. I pray that instead of my 2 bio children feeling neglected at times (which they are, because the others just need so much!) they see how important it is to love others and take care of those who cannot take care of themselves.

Maggie said...

That's an amazing cause. I grew up in a neighborhood where a family adopted 6 children and all of them had special needs. They were an amazing family and great kids! A lot of them were really involved within the community (I swam on the swim team with them) and it was so nice to see that they were able to give these children a life they deserved.

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I can't stand this. It breaks my heart. Thank you for this video- I had not seen or heard about it. And for giving us something to do about it.