Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fear and Faith


first off, i must thank my dear friend MG over at book and bairns for inspiring me to write this post. thank you MG for your faith and candor.

i have been struggling friends. i can't begin to explain how hard it can be to keep your head above water when fear creeps in. Lies can seep in so slowly, you barely see them.. till one day you realize those lies has bred and multiplied until you are gasping for breath under the weight of them.

This pregnancy has put me in the cross hairs for some "fiery darts", and they don't always creep into my head. sometimes they come strait from the mouth of those who should be closest to me. I have received some harsh words about the foolishness of this pregnancy from two woman who should be celebrating a new life. If you can imagine, i am spending my days trying to get by. loving my husband, my kids, this new baby...mourning my daughter's death. seeking the Lord. i don't have time to busy myself in other people's lives or decisions. i don't have time for gossip, or drama, or conflict.
praise the Lord for this, for he has set my priorities right where they need to be. Unfortunately, some people do have this time. I must forgive them though, for they apparently do not know what they are doing to me or my family. i am sure they think they are doing everything in love. but what they are working out of is fear, not love.

They cannot understand why i would be so foolish... but

1 Corinthians 3:19

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness."
1 Corinthians 1:27
Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.

and this pregnancy is a blessing. every pregnancy is..even a pregnancy that is unplanned..or unwanted...even a pregnancy that will only last days, or months..even a pregnancy that will result in a dead baby...even in a pregnancy that brings forth a child that that is marred, scarred or falls short of this worlds standards of "only wanting a healthy baby"...
Do you know why? i do- because God has created every one of us.

Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

When i am struggling, God blesses me with verses to combat lies with truth-
like

Romans 8:15

So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father."

Romans 8:28

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

and i know that God's time is the perfect time..every time. this pregnancy was meant to be when he set it in motion. i did not really have control. no one does. every pregnancy does not result in a living child, just as every "birth control" attempt does not prevent a pregnancy. God opens and closes the womb.

Ecclesiastes 11

4Whoever watches the wind will not plant;

whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.

5As you do not know the path of the wind,

or how the body is formeda in a mother’s womb,

so you cannot understand the work of God,

the Maker of all things.


thank you Lord for your unfailing love and mercies which are new every morning.


11 comments:

Donalacasa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie said...

I'm sorry you've had to hear such harsh words from so many people. I wish you had more support. You do here. :-)

Unknown said...

Keep your eyes on Him. Keep focusing on truth, not on those who would bring you down. Lifting you up today.

Rightthinker said...

I praise God for this blessing growing inside you. You are grieving the loss of your beautiful daughter, and as you said yourself, this baby does not take that pain away!

This baby, however, is a new creation in Him. It's a soul HE wanted you to bear for His purpose! This baby will bring you both healing and pain, I am sure, as it causes you to rejoice and face head-on, the pain of your loss in many ways.

I am thankful you are trusting Him, and that you wanted your womb open again, for Him to fill it with life once again.

May God richly bless you, and you are right to continue to cling to Him...no one else can live through your exact emotions, nor can they live your relationship that's growing in Christ through your devastation, so they have to live their own lives..too bad they are unable to find enough joy to allow you to live yours.

God Bless, and my prayers are always with you.

stace-c said...

Beautiful, Liz. For each of those, there are probably at least 2 or 3 others who are happy for you and supportive of you--my prayers are that you can focus on the positive and find ways to dispel the negative energy of those who choose to disparage you and the beautiful new life growing within you.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful little bean, I saw the pic and smiled. I'm glad for you, and I know that fear. I'm so sorry you have had to hear harsh words from people who don't understand. x

Fireflyforever said...

Eighteen months on and I'm only just finding my feet again with God and with the faith I once cleaved to. I am in awe of babyloss mamas who can hold fast to their faith when their loss is so raw.

I am sorry that you have been "flamed" for this pregnancy. I hope you can continue to hold to the right priorities as you grieve precious Aquila.

Katie said...

Beautiful post. We're praying for you and the baby.

Michelle said...

Oh, I know the fear and lies as well. I am pregnant as well and it is a struggle to reamin hopeful in the midst of grief. Praise the Lord that you have found truth in those scriptures and thanks for sharing your struggle. You are not alone and you have support here too, which is minor compared to what God can provide, but it's support nonetheless. I pray that those women will be silenced, that you will no longer hear their harsh words. I think I will repost some of those scriptures to my blog, I needed to be reminded of them myself.

Donalacasa said...

What I was trying to say when I decided to remove my comment because it was just too grammatically incorrect for me (pray for me), is that I rejoice with you. Having experienced pregnancy after loss, I understand the fear, but God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we can ask or think ALL THE TIME. We serve and awesome, faithful God who knows the desire of your heart.

Blessings!

Inanna said...

Wishing you all the best, always.