Monday, January 12, 2009

the wheels of justice...


move slow in Williamson County. sigh...so i was at court for almost 8 hours today- and the worst part was i had to sit in the HALLWAY for almost the whole thing- all witnesses had to be out of the court room and i was supposed to be a witness, then at almost the end they decided they did not need me-
so everything i know came second hand- the dad and grama "dug themselves holes" according to my caseworker, my friend, and sweetpea's attorney. according to the attorney CPS will no longer be considering Grama as a potential placement. the judge did not rule- he felt he did not have enough to terminate on mom, so he was going to review some case law and then reach his decision. he will then mail a letter to all the attorneys who will then (hopefully in a timely manner) inform me!
Part of me is very sad about not having a final decision today- part of me is worried about the nightmare that will ensue if mom's rights are NOT terminated- and part of me is excited that it looks like us adopting is the most likely scenario.

1 comment:

Jaguar Mama said...

I've been checking your blog all day and thinking of you! It's so hard to wait but hopefully this will lead to something good...
piaf