Thursday, February 18, 2010

2 months gone

my dearest Aquila-
you should be turning two months old today. i had to look online to see what you should be doing, because i still picture you are a newborn, frozen in time..well i guess you are..

What’s It Like To Be Two Months Old?
My head is a little wobbly when I am propped up. Put your hand
behind my neck and head for support.
I can hold my head up for a few seconds when I’m on my stomach.
I hold onto things for a little while.
I move my arms and legs. I "bicycle" with my feet when I get excited.
I gurgle, laugh and smile when I am happy.
I cry when I am hungry, scared or uncomfortable.
I am aware of different voices and people.
I stay awake during the day. But I usually take naps throughout the day.
I make cooing sounds.
I begin to stare at my hands.
I follow you with my eyes to watch you move around.
I stare at people and at things.
I smile at other people, not just at my mother.
I quiet down when I suck my fingers, a bottle or a pacifier.


then i got really weird and did an image search for two month old babies. i found this picture and it broke my heart because it look so much like you and Lucca should look. that should be you grinning. i miss you so much.


and then there is this video. that should be you and your daddy!

two months has been so completely LONG. i have aged years for sure. how could someone so little leave such a big hole??????

6 comments:

Rachel said...

sending you ((hugs)) today mama. it is amazing how much i feel i've aged as well.

Unknown said...

{{{hugs}}}

Maggie said...

Lots of hugs sent!! :) Thinking of you.

kcrack said...

Oh sweet friend! My heart breaks for you. Lucca would be such a sweet big sister...and will be when you are blessed again.

Katie said...

I'm sorry Liz *hug*

Laura M. said...

What a lovely, loving post. I am shedding tears. Mama, sending you so much love.