Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kiryn



Kiryn was born when i was too young to have a head on my shoulders. His father was just a fling, nothing serious...till the pregnancy test that proved everything was about to get real serious. he hung around for about a month after that, then found himself another girl and didn't show up till Kiryn was born. he came to the hospital, then left town (after so kindly giving me a 20$ bill , oh what class), not to show his face again until Kiryn was 3 months old. The next time we saw him was when Kiryn turned one..then something blossomed, and i , in my still naieve youth, became joined at the hip to him again. It seemed good for the first 2 months, but then quickly went sour. Then he called me from out of town (i didnt know he left) because he had gotton a girl pregnant (while still with me) and he was leaving me for her. he went on to marry her, and did not see Kiryn again until oct 05 when the attorney general dragged him into court for owing me 14K in child support arears... he has not seen him to this day. so finally after Gabe has been acting as Kiryns father for 7 years, we made it official. Kiryn is a Paparella. Kiryn has a father who loves him!!! and Gabe is amazing :)

7 comments:

Maggie said...

That is so good to hear! :)

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations to your beautiful family.

Birthblessed said...

Reading this made my eyes tear. No one would ever know Gabe wasn't his birth father. Gabe and you both have done such a great job of showing no favoritism among your kids. Kiryn is growing strong. Your hard work as a mom is paying off. I know those firstborns are hard hard hard!

Unknown said...

I just love that! Good for you! You know, no matter what you say about not having a head on your shoulders, you are a fabulous and talented, and unique, and beautiful mama. XXX

stace-c said...

Oh happy day!

Katie said...

That's wonderful!

Susan said...

I love the picture of Kiryn and Ruby especially. Congratulations on this wonderful milestone.