Friday, February 26, 2010

Pregnant teens and midwives - oh my!

So, i finally drafted and wrote an email to my midwife. . . to tell her how i feel and why i chose to file a complaint. It took much processing and talking to many different people, analyzing birth records (which where so off that it frustrated me to no end) . Imagine trying to write an email , but your hands are shaking so hard you can't type...that was me. A very difficult thing to do, and i can imagine, a very difficult thing for her to read.
she responded, and i don't even know how to take or respond to her response. i am planning to set up an appointment with another midwife just to get a (non involved) midwife's perspective...UGH i would rather just not think about any of this, but i can't let my baby girl down that way. i owe it to her to dig and uncover truth..

As of today, we are officially licensed through our new agency! and two days ago and yesterday they were calling me about two pregnant teens..lol
what happened to me getting a baby????
one of the teens is 16 and newly pregnant.
the other is 19 ,newly pregnant and has a 13 month old. apparently you can stay in care if still in school and have nowhere to go.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I can only imagine how hard it was to write that letter *hug*

Maggie said...

I'm sure that was very hard. (((HUGS)))!

Fireflyforever said...

Grief is hard and having to find the energy to write such difficult emails is harder still. Thinking of you as you try and find answers/justice for Aquila's birth.

kcrack said...

I think its really awesome that you wrote the letter. Praying for who you'll end up with in your home next...any teen would be so lucky to have you teach her about mothering!

stace-c said...

Much strength to you as you work through this difficult process...and prayers that you will end up with the best foster for you at this time :)