Thursday, January 28, 2010

no it's SERVING to heal

the lady at our agency who told me she wouldn't let us foster because she "didn't want me to use a baby to heal" had it all twisted.

I want to serve! because truly, the best way, God's way of healing us is through the service he calls us to do. when our minds stop focusing on ourselves and our problems, and instead we develop God's heart he restores us.

i want to serve.

so we have been hunting for a new agency, and i am so excited to tell you we found a perfect fit this afternoon! so we have to go through the (hopefully) short, simple process of switching agencies and updating our homestudy- and then we can wait to see what God is going to do!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I am so glad to read this! I hope you have a foster baby cradled in your arms soon. ((HUGS))

kcrack said...

You are growing me by your words! I pray that the right foster baby will be there soon. I know you have such amazing love to offer because HE first loved you....

Birthblessed said...

Yes, serving to heal. Will want to hear updates... I like hearing your ring tone. :) Planning to change it btw. Got any suggestions?

Liz said...

amy- well anything but a siren would be good!

Rochelle said...

So happy for you and very excited to read this! You are such an inspiration to me.

Susan said...

This is wonderful. I had a very bad feeling about your post on your former agency. I am glad that you have been led in this direction.